Internship Minimum Requirements
- Must be actively pursuing a machine manufacturing technology certificate or degree at an accredited
- community college AND have at least 50% of a manufacturing technology program complete with
- including coursework/training relevant to operating a CNC Lathe or CNC Mill.
- Knowledge of: machine shop theory and procedures; tools and equipment used in the course of the
- work and ability to perform basic math calculations with an understanding of decimal/fraction
- Must be able to read, write and communicate work information in English with demonstrated ability
- to follow written and verbal instructions and troubleshoot problems when necessary.
- Selected applicants will be required to participate in the on-site interview and selection process, provide a
- portfolio, and undergo a technical skills assessment.
- Must commit to completing the 12 week paid internship at A-dec AND be prepared to work a minimum of 40 hours each week. Students will be assigned to work the day shift of 4 - 10 hour days/week.
- Must maintain an accurate time card and report all time worked. Overtime pay will apply for all hours worked in excess of 40 hours during a single work week in accordance with state and federal law.
- Required to attend New Employee Orientation on their first day AND A-dec’s Lean Basics class during their 12 week assignment.
- An A-dec supervisor will complete a Cooperative Education evaluation for each successful intern.
Drug Screen and Background Check required
A-dec is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In addition, A-dec will not discriminate against applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another. *VEVRAA Federal Contractor”