- Bachelor’s degree in technical communications marketing, journalism, or other relevant discipline plus 12 years of experience in the technical communications field and 7 years managing in technical communications or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to create a vision and lead a technical communications team including hiring and staffing, development, and performance management.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently, collaborate with individuals at all levels, and in a team environment.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage time and resources effectively.
- Experience managing teams in development of a variety of communications methods such as printed and PDF documents, help topics, animated/video instructions, knowledge management sites, 3D planning/visualization models, phone aps, interactive content, etc.
- Experience developing and maintaining technical communications product development and approval processes that meet requirements for medical devices.
- Working knowledge of user experience methodologies to gather and refine customer requirements, evaluate draft/prototype solutions, and validate communications products.
- Experience with user testing, gathering customer requirements and making recommendations on product usability and knowledge of general usability principles.
- Knowledge of current technical communications trends, best practices, and solutions for content development, management, translation, reuse, and delivery.
- Successful experience leading implementation of current information development technologies and processes such as structured authoring, single sourcing, and animation.
- Experience with current project management methodologies and tools that effectively support many simultaneous projects.
Drug Screen and Background Check required.
A-dec is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In addition, A-dec will not discriminate against applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another. *VEVRAA Federal Contractor”