- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other science/engineering related field and at least two years of relevant, professional engineering experience in software quality assurance with increasing complexity or a comparable combination of coursework and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in software development experience using C/C++, embedded C/C++ a bonus. Ability to understand code being developed by others such that you can develop effective methods to design and implement appropriate testing.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Hands-on experience with functional testing; fluency in writing clear, concise, comprehensive test plans and test scenarios. Experience with automated testing tools such as Hudson, Jenkins, Bamboo or equivalent.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Demonstrated aptitude for finding bugs and breaking software.
- Experience developing with an Agile methodology such as XP, Scrum or Kanban is highly desirable. The ability to translate user stories into working test cases and test plans is a bonus
- Proficient using version control as part of a disciplined software development process.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Ability to interpret software requirements and apply object-oriented design methodologies.
- Understanding of hardware/software integration techniques and software configuration management (CM) tools.
- Excellent written/oral communication skills with a proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team environment while following established procedures.
- Experience with CAN Bus, Ethernet, USB, SPI, I2C interfaces
- Experience working with real-time operating systems (RTOS)
- Experience with Embedded Linux development
- Plus: Experience developing on a Yocto Linux-based platform
- Experience with user interface development in C/C++
- Experience with applications for Single Board computers, either commercial or custom
- Plus: ARM based SBC BSP and Linux development
- Use of requirements management tools and systems
- Experience in regulated software environments
- Plus: Previous exposure to IEC 62304
- Practical experience with Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket)
- Understanding of makefiles, cmake, or qmake
Drug Screen and Background Check required.
A-dec is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In addition, A-dec will not discriminate against applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another. *VEVRAA Federal Contractor